WSU International Travel Registry
WSU requires all students participating in a university sponsored or related activity abroad to register with the Office of International Programs International Travel Registry. Such experiences would include:
- Conducting research in a foreign country,
- Working abroad for an international internship,
- Attending an international conference or workshop,
- Traveling with any registered student organizations (RSOs),
- Any other university related international travel.
Washington State University supports international opportunities as an important component of an undergraduate or graduate student's educational program. WSU has made it a policy to record non-credit bearing international experiences in which its students participate to ensure that, as an institution, we follow best practices when sending students abroad. These practices include:
Registration for Not-for-Credit International Experiences:
- Assisting students with pre-departure preparations.
- Securing emergency contact information from students.
- Securing a detailed itinerary with overseas contact information from students.
- Enrolling students in the United States Department of State's Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) so that they receive the latest travel updates and information and so that the State Department is better able to assist our students in case of an emergency.
- Documenting a student's international engagement activities.
Please click the "Apply Now" button. Please note that by clicking apply you are creating your individual registry within the Office of International Programs International Travel Registry. Please complete your registry at least two weeks before your planned non-credit bearing international experience. However, if it is less than two weeks before you leave please continue registering.
*If you are going abroad for academic credit, please find your program and apply using MyStudyAbroad.
Please contact the Office of International Programs at 509-335-6204 or email@example.com for questions or concerns.