WSU Faculty and Staff International Experiences
WSU encourages all faculty and staff participating in a university sponsored activity abroad to register with the Office of International Programs International Travel Registry. Such experiences would include:
- Conducting your academic research in a foreign country,
- Working abroad as a visiting scholar,
- Attending an international conference or workshop,
- Traveling with any registered student organizations (RSOs),
- Any other university related international travel.
WSU encourages its faculty and staff to participate in the International Travel Registry to ensure that, as an institution, we follow best practices when sending faculty and staff abroad. These practices include:
- Securing emergency contact information from faculty and staff.
- Securing a detailed itinerary with overseas contact information from faculty and staff.
- Documenting WSU faculty and staff international engagement activities.
- Providing faculty and staff with resources for their travel.
- Providing international partnership and collaboration possibilities.
Registration for International Experiences:
To register your international travel please click the "Apply Now" button and follow the application prompts. We ask that you register at least two weeks prior to departing the US; however, if this is not possible please complete this registration process as soon as your travel plans are confirmed. You will need the following to complete your registry:
- Full international itinerary including all locations and addresses
- Two emergency contacts
- Scanned copy of your passport
Please contact the Office of International Programs at 509-335-6204 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns.