Global Learning Ambassador Program
This program is meant to utilize the knowledge and experience of WSU students who have studied abroad. Students interested in representing their program, country and city where they studied will be listed on the Global Learning webpage and in the office as contacts for students who are considering studying abroad in the same locations. By sharing their experiences, ambassadors will encourage students to study abroad by portraying the great qualities and advantages of an international education experience. Testimonials, photos and quotes from Ambassadors will also be used by the Global Learning Department.
The Ambassador program is a year commitment. Ambassadors will have their name, e-mail address, and program information on the Global Learning website and on a printed list in Bryan Hall 105. Ambassadors must be available for contact by students interested in the same programs, countries and cities.
Ambassadors will be invited to participate in functions and events hosted by the Global Learning Department throughout the year, like the Pre-Departure Country Meet Up Sessions, resume workshops, and other cultural exchanges. While we highly encourage Ambassadors to assist in the events, attendance is not required.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Successfully studied abroad while a WSU student.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Interest in representing your program, country and city where you studied.
- Interest in sharing your experiences and encouraging students to study abroad by portraying the great qualities and advantages of an academic international experience.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to accurately share information about your personal experience abroad to perspective study abroad participants and encourage students to seek further information and resources from the Global Learning Office.
To apply to become an Ambassador, please click on the Apply Now button located on this page and complete the items in the application.