Study Abroad in IRELAND
Summer Internships in Dublin
About the Program
Take hold of your future with a business-focused internship in one of the world's fastest-growing business metropolises. Bask in the best of both worlds as you get a first-hand look at the thriving global business scene, gain academic credit, and experience Ireland's culture all in one summer. From non-profit work to finance, UCD's Summer Internship Program is the ideal summer opportunity for you.
Dublin is the capital and the largest city in Ireland that can trace it's origin back more than 1,000 years. Enjoy classic visitor sights, an excellent social scene and the beauty of Dublin Bay and the Dublin mountains.
- Gain real-world work experience while living in hip, sophisticated Dublin
- Internships are sponsored by the prestigious, AACSB-accredited Lochlann Quinn School of Business at University College Dublin (UCD); currently available for business majors only
- Take an academic course in addition to the internship experience
- Full cultural program, including a weekend trip to Galway, a day trip to Belfast and visits to other areas of historical interest in Ireland
Students work for 32 hours per week (Monday-Thursday during business hours) at their internship and are supervised by faculty from UCD. Internships are available in the following areas:
Students must indicate their area of interest as part of the application process, but placements are subject to an interview upon arrival in Dublin. Each student will be interviewed during the month of April to review their education, experience and skill set, and will meet with their employer during week one of the program. The internship is for 6 weeks out of the 8 week program.
- Finance and Accountancy
- Data Analysis, Information & Communications Technology
- Marketing and Sales
- Communications and Public Relations
- Human Resource Management
- Business Development and International Business
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the next Step!
Visit our website for more information about our Summer Internships in Dublin program.
WSU Student Instructions to Apply to this Program
Contact your student Services manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
1. Attend a Global Cougs 101 session where you will learn more about the Global Learning opportunities available, choosing the right program, application procedures, the course approval process, financial aid and scholarships, transcript and credit information, and passport & visas. To view times and sign up for a session click here
2. Apply for your passport if you don't already have one. If you have a passport, make sure it is valid until 6 months after you will return from abroad. Click here
to download an application.
3. Please note that you are required to complete 2 applications – the program provider's application found on their website, and the WSU application found on this website.
4. If you plan to use financial aid to fund your study abroad experience, please visit Financial Aid's study abroad FAQ webpage
for more information. Information on Education Abroad scholarships can be found in Bryan 105.
After you attend the Global Cougs 101, spend some time exploring different program options. Before making a final decision many students find it helpful to have a one-on-one advising session with a Global Learning Advisor. To make an appointment with a Global Learning Advisor call 509-335-6204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WSU places a high importance on serving every student and their specific needs. We welcome applications from members of diverse groups that have traditionally been underrepresented in study abroad programs, including multicultural students, GIESORC students, students with disabilities, and non-traditional students. Please visit the Diversity Issues section
of the Education Abroad website for more information and resources.Ask a GL Ambassador
to contact a WSU student who has participated on this program or another program in this part of the world.